Country style pork ribs are one of my favorites to prepare anyway, but these curried ones really take the cake!
Curried Country Style Pork Ribs
2 pounds country style pork ribs (boneless or bone-in)
Salt & pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup curry powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken soup base or bouillon
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper, and brown all surfaces; remove ribs and set aside.
- Add curry powder, garlic powder and onion powder to dutch oven, stirring with wooden spoon to toast spices.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add base/bouillon and stir well with wooden spoon, scraping sides of dutch oven to loosen and incorporate any bits that stuck to pan during searing.
- Bake for 2 1/2 – 3 hours; pork should be falling apart/off bone.
source: Vida con Carne
These turned out really juicy, fragrant and full of flavor. We ate them with some of the “gravy” spooned on top.