To be perfectly honest my reaction after trying this recipe was ‘where have you been for the last four years?’ This one has it all, low carb, high fat, creamy, delicious and, easy.
Low Carb Pots De Creme
2 cups heavy cream
5 egg yolks
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
6-12 packets Stevia
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In heavy bottomed sauce pan combine vanilla and heavy cream.
- Scald heavy cream and set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine egg yolks; salt, and stevia. Whisk well
- Slowly whisk heavy cream into eggs*.
- Pour custard mixture into four ramekins and place ramekins into a baking dish.
- Fill baking dish with water halfway being careful to keep it out of custard mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes until custard is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Can be eaten as is or garnished with berries, whipped cream, etc.
*Pro-tip: When adding the scalded cream to the eggs go super slow, drop by drop if necessary. If you get a little bit of scrambled eggs you can run it through a strainer, if you get a lot, well, better luck next time.
*I made it with 6 packets of Stevia as I prefer it less sweet.
source: Vida con Carne